Tinting the moons of the car is very common when looking for greater comfort inside the vehicle. One of the main advantages is that it protects the passenger compartment from wear caused by solar rays, extending the life of plastics and upholstery. In addition, in case of impact, the sheet will prevent small fragments of glass from being thrown to the occupants.
When tinting the moons of the car we have two options:
- Go to one of our authorized installers to perform the installation
- Install it at home following these instructions
In this article we will explain the correct way to install the tinted sheets, as well as the legal aspects to take into account:
Legislation on the tinting of moons
Legislation indicates that the driver’s vision must be clear about the route in which it is being driven. Do not place the tinted sheets on the windshield or the windows on the front doors.
Regarding the rear windows, they can be dyed without legal restriction, as long as the car brings the two rearview mirrors to the regulatory sides.
A very important point (which is not usually taken into account) is that the installed sheets must be homologated, otherwise the vehicle inspection (ITV) cannot be passed.
How to tint the car crystals
Steps to follow:
- The most important thing is that the surface where we are going to place the crystals is as clean as possible. If it is not cleaned correctly, dust particles will affect the correct bonding of the sheet.
- The dimensions of the window must be measured correctly and cut with a sharp cutter, leaving a minimum margin of 1 cm.
- After cutting the sheet, proceed to stick the sheet on the inside of the glass. It is necessary to spray the glass and the sheet with soapy water, as it will activate the adhesive and will also allow us to slightly move the sheet at the time of installation on the glass or moon.
- When placing the sheet in position, the sheet will begin to be glued from the center to the sides, expelling the water towards the ends. If the blade is very large (for example, the back moon), it is advisable to help a second person.
- It is very important to use the appropriate tool (spatulas) to avoid scratches on the sheet.
- Make sure there are no bubbles or wrinkles left.
- Once fixed, we can cut the excess sheet and top the edges.
- Remember to attach an approval sticker on the inside of each of the crystals, before placing the sheet.