Rain-X is a treatment for your car’s windshield that helps you see much better during rain or snow. Depending on the climate of the place where you live, this treatment can last up to four months after an application. If you live in a place where rains or snowfall are common, you will have to apply it more often.
- Clean both the outside and inside of your windshield the first time you apply Rain-X. Although this product is applied on the exterior of the windshield, having the clean interior enhances the vision even more. Use a good product to clean the glass and make sure there are no stains left. A mixture of vinegar with water and a small amount of soap can clean the windshield without leaving stains. Clean it in a place where the rays of the sun do not reach directly to reduce stains as well.
- Clean the windshield well so that no soap remains. Dry it or wait for it to air dry.
- Apply the Rain-X to the clean windshield with a soft cloth. It covers the entire surface with the product and allows it to dry until it forms a veil, like a light wax when it dries.
- Use a soft cloth to remove the product when it has dried. The time it takes to dry depends on the weather conditions at the moment; If there is moisture, Rain-X will take longer to form a veil. Fleet and gently polish the windshield until you have extracted all the product.
- Repeat the application of Rain-X when necessary. If you live in a place with a lot of rainfall, you will use the windscreen wipers more often and the treatment will not last long. If used correctly, the product helps rain run off the windshield in the form of small drops. When it rains, this effect greatly improves vision. If applied to the rear window, the rain will also run off like little drops, if the glass has some degree of inclination. Driving under rain and snow becomes much easier if you continue to apply the treatment in the manner indicated.